Made it to AZ

couesaddict

They can be good but the deer movement is next to none during them. You really have to put your time in scouting while they’re in velvet. They seem to almost lay down and stop moving after they strip. I’ve killed a couple decent ones early but it’s a lot tougher. If you’re an archery hunter, they seem to be a little easier to find in august than October.

cjl2010

October tag is the best tag in the state if you are half assed decent at scouting. Find the bucks and the pockets they live in and you get first crack at them in October.

LVJ76

Pretty stoked about the deer possibilities. I know the December rifle tags are a tough draw but how’s the hunting in the earlier October or November seasons before the rut?
It's good, just need to do some scouting. I've found that deer need a constant source of water due to the hotter weather. Once youve located a good water source look for the deer and you're set.

Hoss50

Welcome to AZ. Get to Chalo's ASAP. Great Mexican food. The carne adovada was awesome. It was spicy the day I went, but she warned us, and it was still worth it.

It now has to be tradition as we were on our way to elk hunts and we both got elk.

Also check out coueswhitetail.com. it is a good az local forum.

Trending threads

Recent Posts