Made it to AZ

They can be good but the deer movement is next to none during them. You really have to put your time in scouting while they're in velvet. They seem to almost lay down and stop moving after they strip. I've killed a couple decent ones early but it's a lot tougher. If you're an archery hunter, they seem to be a little easier to find in august than October.

Pretty stoked about the deer possibilities. I know the December rifle tags are a tough draw but how's the hunting in the earlier October or November seasons before the rut?

It's good, just need to do some scouting. I've found that deer need a constant source of water due to the hotter weather. Once youve located a good water source look for the deer and you're set.

Welcome to AZ. Get to Chalo's ASAP. Great Mexican food. The carne adovada was awesome. It was spicy the day I went, but she warned us, and it was still worth it.

It now has to be tradition as we were on our way to elk hunts and we both got elk.

Also check out coueswhitetail.com. it is a good az local forum.

Well we have officially moved from our home in NW Colorado to Globe AZ. We made the trek down this past weekend and the house is a mess with all the boxes but it feels good to be here. Liking the look of all the potential hunting opportunities here too.

Anyone else close by?
Globe ! That's a small town. Archery hunted Javalina there in mid 90's. I went thru there in 2018 on way to a Dec. coues deer hunt in area 23.

Last edited:
I think I'll be ok. The OTC thing in Colorado was not my favorite thing in world. Besides I travel to other states to hunt frequently. This year I have a Nevada deer tag, a WY antelope tag, a CO Deer tag, and I usually hunt TX once or twice a year because most of my wife's family lives there.
Nevada ! Right on. Last drew in 2016. Area 231. Had 11 pts. What area lope in Wy. ? If you archery hunt there's OTC deer. Used to go to Kiabab every year until they made 12A east and west a draw. My favorite hunt was 12B late Rifle. Javalina not hard to draw and can hunt same time with archery deer in Jan. during the rut. Used to hunt area 21 every year. See big bucks 12/15 to 1/31. Then draw a rifle hunt there for deer and no big bucks anywhere. I burned my points and drew a rifle elk tag in Az. This year. 23 pts. for lope and no draw 🙄 you made a good move. Congrats.