M70 300PRC

M70s were chambered in 7STW and RUMs so 3.6 can be achieved. Not sure about Wyatts set up or Winchester parts availability. My M70 EW in 264WM is set up w/ 3.6 mag box and follower. Check w/ Midwest Gun Works on mag box, spring, and follower. Standard LA receiver and bottom metal. I used RUM components on the 264 and it feeds fine.

The magazine box is going to be your main limitation. It would be better to look at a 7mm PRC. The 338WM isn't one of the longer actions that was talked about above. With all that being said it's better to go with a custom unless the M70 has some sort of sentimental value for you.

Mag box on left, 1st pic, is 1430 for RUM. Right ones are MLS ( standard 3.4 mag) modified before and after. Follower is RUM 3.6 for the 1430. Ejector blade on CRF needs to be shortened also. Possibly bolt stop too. I made these mods for my 264WM to load 3.5 w/ Berger 156E. Also used STW lift spring. Gives me 2 down and 1 chambered. Modified MLS is same as 1430. Classics and newer FN Utahs interchange. One piece bottom/ trigger guard on mine.

Attachments

• M70 CRF MAG MAGAZINE.jpg
    M70 CRF MAG MAGAZINE.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 30
  • M70 MAGAZINE MODS.jpg
    M70 MAGAZINE MODS.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 24