M70 2pc to 1pc Bottom Metal Conversion Question

Ingwe

I have a M70 purchased in 2003 that has the crappy factory 2pc bottom metal and I would like to convert it to a 1pc set-up.

It looks like the rear portion/screw area will remain flush with the stock but I will have to remove stock material for the front screw area of the floorplate and also remove stock material because of the wider sides of the 1pc bottom metal...is this correct??

If so, how do I know how much material I need to remove from the front, and how do I remove stock material and still keep the area even/level so that the floorplate doesn't cant to one side?? I do understand that I need to bed the area with Accuglass. I am also worried about the action screws becoming too long or short if I change things too much.

Is this an easy enough job to do or am I asking for trouble??

I do have an idea in my head on how it is supposed to go but I couldn't find and video's on it either.

Any advice would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Easy enough to do - use a dremel & go slow I think the back corners may need a tad opening, there are a couple different one piece setups keep that in mind each has a slightly different outline.
I have a SS classic older with a express magnum action, its one I had a few different one piece on that rifle.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.