Lyman1500xp

1tonpower

The scale is only about a year old. Since it was new i have had this problem. Every time I weigh a charge and dump it and put the pan back on th scale it says -4 tenth. I have been weighing each charge 3 or 4 times. I weigh the charge to what I want, dump it back on the spoon, put the pan back on the scale, zero it again. Then dump the same charge back on the pan. I will repeat and adjust until the scale can duplicate the same numbers.

This is a PITA. What your take on this. Did I just get a back scale or are Lyman's junk

mine will do the exact same thing once out of about every 20 rounds. getting real tired of it also. I think its time for me to start looking for a different scale.

Thank for the response... Two of these issue is enough for me.. I'll start looking for an up grade

I have used the rcbs charge master and the hornady auto charge and I find them both to be slow and noisy. So, after thanking my buddys who own these machines I am happy with my method. Size, clean, trim, then prime then useing my perfect powder measure charge the cases place them in a loading block then before I seat the bullets dump each load on my 505 scale and if need be use my trickler to adjust the charge. I find this to work for me just fine and all of my charges are spot on

I've even tried recalibraing it with they supplied wieght... I wonder if it's worth calling Lyman about this

the end of the charge tube is threaded. Look and see if theres an insert screwed into the end of it. Mine as acting up and i got ahold of lyman and they sent me a little plug that screws in the end that kind of chokes down the hole some and cured it in mine.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.