Lube them up or run them dry ?

I use bushing dies for most of my rifle cartridges and avoid the use of an expander button all together. A quick brush in & out of the neck before sizing and necks are ready for reloading. However, I do have a couple of cartridges that I lube necks and then drag a button through. I'm undecided as to whether or not its beneficial to remove the lube (Imperial sizing wax) from the necks before reloading. A Redding tech guy told me that they never bother removing lube.

So for reloading in general; do you guys lube your necks or just run them dry as I do?

The Imperial Dry Neck Lube Convenience Pak.
1630520603048.png

The Imperial Dry Neck Lube Convenience Pak.
View attachment 295166
I've got some moly in a little tub with SS balls, looks just like that. It just doesn't lube well enough when dragging the fat expander ball through the SOCOM case necks. The Imperial wax works the best for that particular application. I just started removing the wax before reloading. Previously I left the residual wax in but am curious to know which is better for lower SD.

I've got some moly in a little tub with SS balls, looks just like that. It just doesn't lube well enough when dragging the fat expander ball through the SOCOM case necks. The Imperial wax works the best for that particular application. I just started removing the wax before reloading. Previously I left the residual wax in but am curious to know which is better for lower SD.
I've never had a problem with using the original moly Imperial dry neck lube the application media is quite small, perhaps your media is not small enough, it does a fine job on everything I use it for; inside and out when neck sizing. Good luck.