Lubalox coating

Snowbird

I have previously shot Winchester ballistic tip projectiles in my hunting/target rifle and not seen any negative effects that I could attribute to the coating. I have now rebarreled and am reconsidering using the coated projectiles and figured someone here would have more experience than I do with them.

Is there any reason to avoid them if I plan to switch between coated and uncoated projectiles?

Clean barrel like you normallywould, that's it.

I've shot them and switched to other bullets like the SST's or Gamekings, then switched back and no issues.

Supposedly they prevent copper fouling.
Thanks for the info. I was worried it was as bad as putting moly thru the barrel. I don't clean much since I don't shoot much anymore. About every 500 rounds I'll clean or if the firearm gets wet without a muzzle cover.

So for now I'll probably expend some of my old rounds as I break in the barrel, then switch over to some hammers.

Thanks again

I have shot the 140g C/T in my 7 STW at 3600 for many years, with multiple rifles, very tiny groups, no problems!

I clean with bronze bristle brushes, as I normally would, examine with bore scope when finished to make sure all the carbon is gone or else accuracy will suffer...IMR 7828 with Fed 215.

The coating lowers pressure some what so don't try your same loads with a naked bullet.

Clean barrel like you normallywould, that's it.

I've shot them and switched to other bullets like the SST's or Gamekings, then switched back and no issues.

Supposedly they prevent copper fouling.
Yup I've had the same experience. Just clean as normal. Barrels can be different but I haven't heard of any issues with Lubalox.