Lost River Ballistic Change?

ka30270

I talked to The Hunting Shack a few months ago and they informed me that Lost River Ballistic had closed its doors because of a law suit concerning some work done to their facility etc. They also informed me that they would be opening under a new name in the near future for me to keep looking on the Hunting Shack website. Has anyone else heard anything about this and if so when are the bullets going to be available?

I believe that Hooker Tactical bought, or took over, or changed names, from Lost River and is currently producing bullets. I've never dealt with either and don't know specifics.

I believe that Hooker Tactical bought, or took over, or changed names, from Lost River and is currently producing bullets. I've never dealt with either and don't know specifics.

Correct.......but I've never seen any products come out of there........

I'm not using their products, but I talked with some fellow long-range shooters of lathe-turned solids, and Hooker is producing and delivering bullets.

JeffVN

I've used their product in 277 cal. In a tight bore they were great shooters and were great for yotes Locals used them on elk with good success.

I sent a box to a fella in PA with a great shooting factory Winchester 270 WSM and they grouped in inches instead of portions of an inch. Hence the necessity of a tight bore.

Also, if removed from the case with an impact bullet remover the bronze point as often as not came out.

ALso the going price then was 2 bucks each which was kind of a downer but now that I know what I'm supposed to be doing I don't shoot nearly as many bullets as I did in the past.:rolleyes:

Thanks alot for the info. I want to try Bergers I'm just a little worried about a match bullet if a buck comes out close.

If you can shoot them accurately the J36 is nearly perfect for short to lllllooooonnnnggg range.

Quarter size exit wound on yote @ 50 yards. Same @ 500 plus.

is thier anyone out thier that has a good load for the120 grain j36 bullet in the 264 win mag.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.