looking to reload the bmg 50 cal is the RCBS pack for the 50 good

bigrich954rr

looking for a list of everything thing i need to do this round i need everything am just getting into reloading
looking for all very high quality equipment

This is a good starter kit and would be great for loading bulk ammo for a semi-auto like a M82 but it does lack some in quality for true match grade ammo consistantly coming off the press.

The biggest problem is the RCBS dies. They are good general purpose dies but ask yourself if you would use a standard set of RCBS dies for a conventional round for extreme accuracy, probably not.

Get ahold of:

www.ch4d.com

The ultimate is their Straight Line Seater with their Bushing neck sizing die. These are quite spendy though but are about as good as I have tested in 50 BMG dies and if youcan believe it very resonable priced for a match grade set of 50 BMG dies.

These will run $400 for the set.

One of the best presses I have seen on the market for match grade 50 BMG ammo is their 50 BMG Loading Press with the Rack and Pinion design. This is a true match grade press and runs $395.

The Ammomaster press will work well with a set of custom match dies but the RCBS will not offer consistant true match grade ammo.

So if you want the lower cost RCBS press, I would recommend getting the match dies.

Good Shooting

Kirby Allen(50)

I use the Hornady kit with the floating seater. This equipment yields excellent results with my AR-50.

I regularly hold .5 MOA for 3 shots (less regularly with 5!) at 600 yards in light winds from a bipod with sandbag rear rest. I have a couple 5 shot groups under .3 MOA (shot in excellent conditions, of course) with this setup.

sorry about mt typing i just had a big piece of glass going thought my hand at work i looked at the site i didnt see any rack and pion press and if i did get that one could i use it for all my small rounds to

No I believe this is a dedicated 50 BMG press. They advertise it in the Fifty Calibers Shooters Association magazine Very High Power.

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts