Looking to Hunt Antelope in Montana

yote doctor

I am throwing it out there. I love to bowhunt as well as shoot long range. I live in a part of Montana that doesnt have the best numbers as far as speed goats. Was wondering if someone had some land or know of any ranchers that would allow just myself to come out and try bowhunting in mid to late August. Willing to travel as I have no problem putting in the work to harvest one of these amazing animals. I do have a couple blinds if watering holes are the key or am just fine with the same old "spot and go get".

Thanks
Brian

Brian,

The BMA (Cascade, MT) where I hunt antelope is a ranch that holds a heard of approximately 400 (at least last year) ... maybe more. I do spot and stalk only. When I bowhunted last year, it seems that I was the only one around. Got closed to about 30 yards on a nice buck (~16" +) until the doe gave me away. Also, had full draw on a young buck (~10") at less than 15 yards but had to let it go ... I only have less than 15 minutes of daylight left and did not feel like looking for him in the dark if I didn't do my part. :D

There is also a neighboring rancher that is not part of a BMA that has quite a spread but he is hard to deal with and quite the cranky old man. :rolleyes:

The BMA is a sign in/sign out deal and no need to call for advance reservations. The other BMAs (4 or 5 with a couple of mikes from each other) in the vicinity requires at least 24 hour notice and will have to sign in that day, which means you cannot go to your spot early.

If this is something you might be interested, let me know and I can get you more information and map if already available.

Cheers!

Ed

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.