My 2008 Montana Antelope Hunt ...

FEENIX

... buck tag for area 450 was unfilled. However, I had a blast guiding a young airman on his first antelope doe harvest ... actually his first big game ever. I think he's hooked and promised to do it again next year.

Below are my pix of my 2007 antelope buck harvested in area 450 (Cascade, MT). I spotted him about 800 yards away and slowly closed the gap to within 200 yards when I finally took him down.

DSC00801.jpg

DSC00798.jpg

He fell from 180g Remington Corelokt, SAKO M995 topped with 4.5-15x40 Leupold B&C ... and now hangs on my wall.

c6e01d1e.jpg

I know it's a year old and before my membership but I just wanted to share my hunting experience.

Thanks!

Thanks, it helps to be in the right place at the right time. What I failed to mention on my original post was that I was already on my way home when I ran into some of my friends around noon. This was my first afternoon (1400ish) harvest ever. A buddy had 2 more doe tags to fill and told me he was going back in and give him 45 minutes and he'll meet me at a designated area. So, being an old fart that I am, I took a nap instead before heading out. :D Two hundred yards into my hike is when I spotted him.

TerryLamb,

I've never hunted Jordan but I know quite a few from my area that make the annual long trip and harvested some trophies.

I'm doing a little PR on a farmer/rancher <10 miles outside where I live that has at least 200+ herd but until then I hunt on BMAs that are 30 miles out.

Ed

I'll be moving back to the GF area soon, nice to see good Antelope around there. I used to hunt the Ft Peck area quite a bit, N of Jordan. Very good hunting! Can't wait to get back to MT.

Geb

Mighty fine goat.

I've hunted antelope in Montana for over 30 years and never had a bad hunt.

Jim

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.