Looking for Winchester XP3 bullets

Carman

Does anyone know where I can find 180 grain .30 caliber bullets like the ones used by Winchester in their Supreme Elite XP3 rounds. I would love to find some for reloading.

I am afraid they are factory ammo only for now. I would buy a train load when they do become avail. They are basically a Fail- safe with a tip. They are accurate and deadly. NOTHING I have ever shot walked or crawled away. ( I can't say the same for some other bullets that I have tried) Good Luck, 7STW

Same here....I love the XP3's but I would like to reload them with just a little more muzzle velocity to eliminate the need to adjust the power on my Z600 Zeiss scope. I built a bullet to match the scope using e-tips but they don't shoot quite as tight of groups as the XP3 and the E-tip doesn't put them down as well as the XP3.

I have been curious about that bullet, as I fear that ALL of us are eventually going to have to go that road. I know of a few guys that have actually bought factory ammo and pulled the bullets( kinetic hammer) and loaded them and put them away for "special occasions". I have 19 160 gr. 7mm Fail Safes, for special occasions. Those xp3 bullets are perfect. Maybe someday the bullet gods will grant our wishes and make them avail to us " Home rollers". I would buy them in every caliber I own and would not look back. Take care, good shooting! 7STW

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts