Looking for Winchester XP3 bullets

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Carman, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Carman

Carman Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where I can find 180 grain .30 caliber bullets like the ones used by Winchester in their Supreme Elite XP3 rounds. I would love to find some for reloading.

2. 7stw

7stw Well-Known Member

I am afraid they are factory ammo only for now. I would buy a train load when they do become avail. They are basically a Fail- safe with a tip. They are accurate and deadly. NOTHING I have ever shot walked or crawled away. ( I can't say the same for some other bullets that I have tried) Good Luck, 7STW

3. Carman

Carman Well-Known Member

Same here....I love the XP3's but I would like to reload them with just a little more muzzle velocity to eliminate the need to adjust the power on my Z600 Zeiss scope. I built a bullet to match the scope using e-tips but they don't shoot quite as tight of groups as the XP3 and the E-tip doesn't put them down as well as the XP3.

4. 7stw

7stw Well-Known Member

I have been curious about that bullet, as I fear that ALL of us are eventually going to have to go that road. I know of a few guys that have actually bought factory ammo and pulled the bullets( kinetic hammer) and loaded them and put them away for "special occasions". I have 19 160 gr. 7mm Fail Safes, for special occasions. Those xp3 bullets are perfect. Maybe someday the bullet gods will grant our wishes and make them avail to us " Home rollers". I would buy them in every caliber I own and would not look back. Take care, good shooting! 7STW