• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Looking for Weatherby in 257, german or american made, which is better.

First production was American, then world market made was German ,then Japanese , then back to American. some of the twist rates were wrong ,just saying do some reading , its an American Firearms company and we need each and everyone of them. i'm no expert but all turned out Top notch Quality. cheers

First production was American, then world market made was German ,then Japanese , then back to American. some of the twist rates were wrong ,just saying do some reading , its an American Firearms company and we need each and everyone of them. i'm no expert but all turned out Top notch Quality. cheers
Thanks J. Because I will probably buy current factory ammunition and may not reload, what twist and barrel length might you suggest?

I'm going to buy one and probably a wooden stocked one and hopefully it will shoot but if not, have someone figure out whether it need something, at the very least bedding. But I want to keep it close to original as I'm only going to shoot it occaisionally and make it part of my collection.

Are you going mk5 or their Vanguard both great proven ,pretty sure .257 is a 1/10 twist ,barrel lengths are 26 or 24 ,stocks wood or synthetic , cheers n enjoy

I have a Mark V Made In USA in 257 Weatherby Magnum. 26 inch barrel, Exceptional Wood, This rifle
is in Excellant to New Condition. I am second owner
and have not fired the rifle, I bought it as unfired, but
I wasn't there so can't verify that. I would sell this
rifle for $1100 shipped to your ffl.
Thanks
Art

I have a freind who is selling a Weather MK5 Ultra light in 257 WBY. I'll ask him how much he wants for it.

I've owner both the German and the Japanese made in .257 and .300, MK V deluxe. They were exceptional in every respect, but the Japanese both shot a LITTLE better with factory ammo. I now have a Vanguard in .300 wby mag that outshoots them all

I have had a bunch of the Mark Vs in wood. It is true a lot of the German guns had slow twists and they should be manually verified. Always seemed the prettier the wood the bigger the groups, but I never had one that was just plain unacceptable. The newer wood USA guns are a little blocky, but generally more accurate. I always thought the Japanese guns were the best looking of the bunch.