Looking for turkey hunts

Thunder17

Hello, I'm looking for a couple places to hunt outside of my home state of West Virginia. I'd really like to try to hunt the Osceola, Rio, and Merriams this spring or next.
I'd rather not go to an outfitter. I prefer DIY type hunting so I'd like to find a place that I can pay to hunt on private land for a couple days, especially for the Osceola. I'm a turkey hunting fanatic that has only been able to hunt Easterns, I'd love to try the others.
If anyone has any info or helpful information that they'd like to share it'd be greatly appreciated. DM here or call/text 3048131063
Thanks, Jeremy

Hello, I'm looking for a couple places to hunt outside of my home state of West Virginia. I'd really like to try to hunt the Osceola, Rio, and Merriams this spring or next.
I'd rather not go to an outfitter. I prefer DIY type hunting so I'd like to find a place that I can pay to hunt on private land for a couple days, especially for the Osceola. I'm a turkey hunting fanatic that has only been able to hunt Easterns, I'd love to try the others.
If anyone has any info or helpful information that they'd like to share it'd be greatly appreciated. DM here or call/text 3048131063
Thanks, Jeremy
You might try Acorn Outfitters in Del Rio, TX for Rio Grande Turkey hunts.

Florida for Osceola will be tough to find private land and that usually is leased by outfitters. I live in northwest Florida and have not found that yet. Best bet is for public land but in Osceola that means a draw to hunt a good spot.

I hunted in Nebraska and the had merriam and Rios and they would mix for a hybrid looking bird. It was a good spot to get both

Thanks

Buck

Florida for Osceola will be tough to find private land and that usually is leased by outfitters. I live in northwest Florida and have not found that yet. Best bet is for public land but in Osceola that means a draw to hunt a good spot.

I hunted in Nebraska and the had merriam and Rios and they would mix for a hybrid looking bird. It was a good spot to get both

Thanks

Buck
I figured trying to find private land for osceola would be a shot in the dark but there's always chance. I may end up trying to draw for a good area, it's hard to scout an area before season since I'm about 14+ hours away, but I can't kill one if don't try.

I figured trying to find private land for osceola would be a shot in the dark but there's always chance. I may end up trying to draw for a good area, it's hard to scout an area before season since I'm about 14+ hours away, but I can't kill one if don't try.

I know what you mean. I am working for a company now that does business in that area I hope to make some contacts and stumble on the golden acorn

Thanks

Buck

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.