Looking for some ideas

dirtytough

Ok I am looking for some thoughts and ideas on what I should build next. I will list a few of the guns I have in the safe and what I am thinking of doing with them etc.

These are the guns I'm going to keep as is. Mostly listing for caliber reference.
30-06 Tikka SL. Thinking it would be a good gun for the wife to elk and bear hunt with.

7ss built off a Tikka with a 1-8tw 26" Bart in a Boyds At-One. Built it to test and see if I liked Rich's SS line of cartridges. Might change the stock for something lighter down the road. Right now it works well for me to adjust on the fly so my 10 year old, wife, or I can shoot the same gun.

270win Remington 700 TI. No plans to build off of it yet or use it. I did buy a box of the Precision hunter 145 ELD'X the other day to see how it shoots.

Now for the stuff in progress and stuff I want to do something with.
Right now I have almost all the parts for a 30 cal magnum build. LP Razor TI long action mag bolt face. 26" Proof SL 1-9.4tw. Manners EH1 and also an EH2 on order. I plan on this finishing in the 8-8.5lb range. I was pretty set on the 30 Nosler. But I kind of like the idea of the 300 PRC if I ever need/want to shoot factory ammo. Also the factory ammo is so cheap I can buy 100 loaded rounds of PRC for less then I can buy 100 pieces of 30 Nosler brass for. So 30 Nosler or 300 PRC?

I have a 6.5-06ai, Tikka action, 27" 1-8tw benchmark barrel. Sits in a laminated stock which I want to change out for a composite stock.

260 Remington 700 TI. It never has shot as well as I would like. Thinking of having a new barrel installed in 260ai, or possibly open it up to a mag bolt face and building a 6.5ss.

270win Tikka T3. I don't have a small caliber long range target rifle. I really like the looks of the 131 Ace. I am leaning towards a 25 Cal just for that bullet. I was thinking about just getting a 25 Creedmoor prefit from PVA. But it kind of bothers me not to use a bigger case since I have the room. So I was looking at SL's 25 K9K, a 25-284, even a 25-06ai. I would put this in a chassis because I don't have one and would like to try it.

270wsm Tikka T3. Thinking of building a 338 mag of some flavor. Planning a moose hunt in a few years and would like the extra diameter just in case I run into a bear. The Tikka is limited on coal length. I was leaning towards the 338ss. But why not use as much of the mag as possible and build a 338-300wsm?

I want to start gathering parts for the Tikka with the standard bolt face first. The moose hunt won't be until at least 2020 so I have time for the 338 build. Another option is just sell the Tikka's and buy custom actions.

I would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions on this wall of text I just typed up haha. If you suggest selling the Tikka's and buying a custom action please list the action and benefits for that custom over others. I have only handled a few true customs and don't have a preference yet.

Thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.