Looking for info - Black Diamond Optics

Copper Basin

LRH Sponsor
Black Diamond Optics 5-25x56mm. I am looking for any info or experience with these scopes. For around $700 they look like a bargain. I know what you are thinking, so am I. Just want some honest evaluations of this scope. Thank you for any info.

Look very similar to Bushnell forge. A lot of decent scope made in China now, look at Athlon, great products for way lower price tag for what you get. A very good option is the Bushnell Lrhs-i 4.5-18 that ga precision sells. 1500$ scope for 750$.

Ive had one before. Pretty decent glass for the money. I had a 3-15. This was 4 years ago when I had one. One thing I did not understand and didnt like it, was it had moa/mil moa turrets mil ret. I do believe that you can get better turrets for the money, per say the Bushnell as up top was mentioned or the vx5hd or the lrp. This was 4 years ago, so they could've updated some things.

Definitely not bad for the money though. I personally would go another route. All up to what you desire.

Black Diamond Optics 5-25x56mm. I am looking for any info or experience with these scopes. For around $700 they look like a bargain. I know what you are thinking, so am I. Just want some honest evaluations of this scope. Thank you for any info.
I just bought one i got mine for 500,the glass is just as good as any its made by zeiss.

Dang that scope looks tempting. I suppose its made in China

For what it is worth, here's my e-mail correspondence with them this AM ...

Black diamond 1.JPG
Black diamond 2.JPG
Black diamond 3.JPG

Who's on first?

I would like to know where the glass is made and where the components are made.

Last edited:
It seems like it.
seems nobody knows much about these scopes here or on the web,the little i can find has been positive from the people who own them,i got 200 off on mine so after seeing how good the glass is i went for it,my new savage 110 6.5 CM comes Monday and that is what i will be mounting it on.I have seen scopes that cost twice this that don't have as good glass as this scope has.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.