Looking for best DBM and Mags for Nucleus Long action for 28 Nosler

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by kai, Sep 2, 2018.

1. kai

kai Well-Known Member

My Nucleus action and Barloc should be shipped this week and I'm looking for recommendations for the DBM and mags to use. The main barrel will be a 28 Nosler loaded with ELD-M 180's and Hammer bullets.

I'd like to use a magazine for the 28 Nosler that will accommodate a COAL of at least 3.700 and ideally it would be flush or almost flush with the stock (3 rounds) for ease of carrying the rifle while hunting.

I also will be using .223 and .308 barrels with the Barloc on this rifle for practicing.

Does anyone have suggestions for DBMs and/or magazines would work well for my purposes?

2. kai

kai Well-Known Member

I was able to talk with Stocky's Stocks today and the customer service rep suggested the H-P Precision AP209 DBM for .300 win mag. to be used for my 28 Nosler (3.700 COAL) and the AP308 mag 6.5 x 284 for my .308 Win cartridges. This mag will fit the large action DBM.

They didn't know if I could single feed the .223 with this DBM and a mag. I'm thinking that I might be able to make a "sled" that I can insert into one of the long action mags to facilitate single feeding of the .223 cartridges. Ideally, I'd like to come up with a way to adapt a .223 mag to fit into the long action DBM for faster cycling in matches.