Looking for best DBM and Mags for Nucleus Long action for 28 Nosler

kai

My Nucleus action and Barloc should be shipped this week and I'm looking for recommendations for the DBM and mags to use. The main barrel will be a 28 Nosler loaded with ELD-M 180's and Hammer bullets.

I'd like to use a magazine for the 28 Nosler that will accommodate a COAL of at least 3.700 and ideally it would be flush or almost flush with the stock (3 rounds) for ease of carrying the rifle while hunting.

I also will be using .223 and .308 barrels with the Barloc on this rifle for practicing.

Does anyone have suggestions for DBMs and/or magazines would work well for my purposes?

I was able to talk with Stocky's Stocks today and the customer service rep suggested the H-P Precision AP209 DBM for .300 win mag. to be used for my 28 Nosler (3.700 COAL) and the AP308 mag 6.5 x 284 for my .308 Win cartridges. This mag will fit the large action DBM.

They didn't know if I could single feed the .223 with this DBM and a mag. I'm thinking that I might be able to make a "sled" that I can insert into one of the long action mags to facilitate single feeding of the .223 cartridges. Ideally, I'd like to come up with a way to adapt a .223 mag to fit into the long action DBM for faster cycling in matches.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.