• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Looking for a Semi Auto Shotgun

Find yourself a Franchi Affinity 3", there's nothing that you can do with a 3 1/2" gun this one won't do just as well.

Made in Italy along side the Benelli shotguns. Bonus is everything comes out of the front like the Remington 1100, no reason to remove the butt stock except to change the cast and drop shims. Uses the Beretta Mobil chokes, order a set of unported Carlson Cremator chokes and you will cover anything that flies or struts or howls. They have a great warranty too, although you won't need it.

If I trusted my 28ga semi 100%, I'd sell you mine.

I had a close friend that was the best torture tester of shotguns I have ever known. He was an avid bird hunter, but a horrible gun maintenance person. His idea of maintenance was bringing the gun indoors after a full day of duck, quail, or dove hunting and he didn't do this every time. He had a Remington 1100 for years and it never failed him until it was finally lost in the White River in Arkansas. This was in the 70's. I bought my first shotgun (had been using my Dad's Win. 16 ga.) and it was the Remy 1100 12 ga. Had it for 25 years and it never failed me. Next up was a Benelli Super Black Eagle. He had followed the same regimen with his Benelli and it was torture tested beyond belief. Never failed. My Benelli is still in pristine condition after 15+ years. Never failed me.
Sorry for the long post. The moral of this story is buy one of good quality. It will last you for many years and get the job done. Best of luck…

Earnhardt has a good point…your primary purpose will dictate a few things. I want a 28 or 30 inch barrel for pass shooting. Conversely I want a 20" barrel in the turkey woods. Several things are dependent on prey and the environment you're hunting in.

The recommendation on a Franchi affinity is hard to beat in my opinion.