• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Looking for a Muzzleloader

JohnnieB

My wife got drawn for a MZ hunt here in CA. Now I need to get one. I have pretty much limited my selections to either a CV Paramount Pro Colorado or a T/C Encore. Must be .50 Cal.

Just remember whatever ML you buy it needs to be able to shoot mono bullets, non lead bullets and such need a faster twist than some old school ML, so take that into account when buying. good luck. Your best bet is probably using a Sabot with a non lead built. What did she get drawn for if you don't mind me asking? hopefully its a bull Tule Elk tag or something good like that.

I have a very nice Rem 700 ML with Jewel trigger and the ignition upgrade kit. Still uses 209 but is very easy to load and remove primers and very well sealed. I have had this gun for almost 20 years and just went smokless. Could sell as a whole package with scope and rings as well. I know it is not a list gun so not sure if it is legal in your area, but it is a real shooter out to 250 with a sabot and it handles monos well. It is stainless and black composite stock. if legal, it would be a great option.

SealSniper,

Looking into this one to see if it will work for CA. I know the scope cannot be used for ML only hunts. I'm checking here.

Thanks,

It has open sights and they can be reinstalled on the gun.

PM me if you need more information. I dont normally come back to check post discussions.

Last edited:
I have a very nice Rem 700 ML with Jewel trigger and the ignition upgrade kit. Still uses 209 but is very easy to load and remove primers and very well sealed. I have had this gun for almost 20 years and just went smokless. Could sell as a whole package with scope and rings as well. I know it is not a list gun so not sure if it is legal in your area, but it is a real shooter out to 250 with a sabot and it handles monos well. It is stainless and black composite stock. if legal, it would be a great option.
My son and I each had one of these from the time they came out in the 90s until a few years ago. 100 grains of loose Pyrodex Select under a Barnes 300 grain MZ Expander would shoot 3 holes touching at 100 yards. We killed a lot of deer with those weapons!