• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Looking for a couple stocks.

quigley257

Greetings. I'm in the market for a couple oddball stocks. Looking to see if perhaps someone has one that's not being used that they would part with.

The first stock I'm looking for is a Remington 40X rimfire single shot stock. I've come into possession of a really nice 40X action that I'd like to build up into a working rifle. I'd like to do her up proper with target peep sights so also looking for a set of those. I would like to get a classic 40X walnut stock versus a modern target style stock.

The second oddity is a Savage short action, stainless, single shot, dual port, target model barrelled action in 223 Remington. It is an oddball in that it has the 3.44" action screw spacing. If anyone is interested in trading, I have a new, old stock, Savage laminated target style stock with the old Gen 2 screw spacing of 4.275".

Please let me know if you have any of these items available for sale or trade. Thanks for looking!!

Last edited:
Greetings. I'm in the market for a couple oddball stocks. Looking to see if perhaps someone has one that's not being used that they would part with.

The first stock I'm looking for is a Remington 40X rimfire single shot stock. I've come into possession of a really nice 40X action that I'd like to build up into a working rifle. I'd like to do her up proper with target peep sights so also looking for a set of those.

The second oddity is a Savage short action, stainless, single shot, dual port, target model barrelled action in 223 Remington. It is an oddball in that it has the 3.44" action screw spacing. If anyone is interested in trading, I have a new, old stock, Savage laminated target style stock with the old Gen 2 screw spacing of 4.275".

Please let me know if you have any of these items available for sale or trade. Thanks for looking!!
I may be able to help you with the 40X. I have a stock that I took a 40X single shot rimfire out of. I will have to get with you tomorrow.

I may be able to help you with the 40X. I have a stock that I took a 40X single shot rimfire out of. I will have to get with you tomorrow.
Thanks for the help. I will try to amend my original post to reflect the style I'm looking for.