• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Looking for .284 Winchester 150 gr Ammo

Status
Not open for further replies.

airehead

I need to find some .284 150 gr sp ammo
Would really like to sight in this Gem.

Thank you
Ron

most any gun shop/reloading retailer should have 7mm bullets in 150 gr available. they don't seem to be part of the madness going around. don't know anything about your gun or what you are trying to do with it, but in most cases Sierra, Speer, Nosler, and Hornady make good products in 7mm.

Good luck
Rick

Thank you Rick I was able to purchase 2 boxes of 7mm bulllets now waiting on powder and primers
I was hoping to get some ready to shoot I got the gun from a friend
It is a custom 700 rem action on a fluted heavy stainless28" barel the action is polished and blueprinted a beautyful maple stock tripple pillared blasts bedded 13oz custom trigger
Got a long range Swarovski scope for Christmas put it of now I need to CHOOT it :)

Local shop carries .284 but out of stock since Dec

Thank you
Ron

Thank you Rick I was able to purchase 2 boxes of 7mm bulllets now waiting on powder and primers
I was hoping to get some ready to shoot I got the gun from a friend
It is a custom 700 rem action on a fluted heavy stainless28" barel the action is polished and blueprinted a beautyful maple stock tripple pillared blasts bedded 13oz custom trigger
Got a long range Swarovski scope for Christmas put it of now I need to CHOOT it :)

Local shop carries .284 but out of stock since Dec

Thank you
Ron
Ron,
I am in the process of building a 284 win on a savage 110 LA and a BRUX #4 contour 24" barrel so i am interested to see what you find with your loads. Are you planning to try 162 grain A-Maxs or Barnes 168 grain LRXs? also, what length freebore do you have? Sorry i cant be of any help on the ammo.

Riley

Sounds like fun there Riley
I am new to the long range shooting world
Don't know what freebore is sorry
But the bullets I found were 150 gr one is bilistic tip the others are sp
I want to see how well I can group this size and what the different is in flight of each
Thank you
Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.