• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Longrange 6.5 Gibbs rifle For Sale

Darryl Cassel

Have a very nice 6.5 Gibbs longrange rifle for sale. Would make a great varmint, deer, antelope or ? rifle.

It has a 30" Hart (8 Twist) barrel that is .950" at the muzzle. The action is the FN Supreme and the wood stock is a heavy varmint style.
The rifle has been fired less then 175 times and is in very good condition.
Would make a nice lighter carry in ridge gun for the LR shooter---weighs 15# and shoots the 140, 142 and 155 gr bullets (Sierra MK of course) very well.
$775.00 plus shipping. A good buy for someone looking for one. I have some fireformed brass for it also.
----RIFLE IS SOLD---
Darryl Cassel
814-546-2674 PA
330-644-0898 Ohio---I'm at this number for awhile yet.
[/LIST]

[ 03-20-2002: Message edited by: Darryl Cassel ]

Hello Delta

The 6.5 Gibbs is an VERY much improved 6.5/06 case. This one is on the 270 case which gives a .050" longer neck and is a VERY nice case to end up with.

With the 30" barrel you can expect 3100 and 3200 from the 140 to 142 Gr Sierra MK depending on the amount of RL22 you use in it. With 155 Gr MK expect 3050 to 3100 FPS.

I shot 142 gr MKs in this one.

Later
Darryl

Daryl,
Is this particular rifle the one you did the article on in The Varmint Hunter Magazine a few years ago? I called you on the phone many times and picked your brain about it. I ended up building a 6.5-06 (I built my rifle before your article came out). Great article and I enjoy your expertise. Flinch

Flinch

This is one of the ones I did the article on.

It is a very good rifle and not been fired much at all.

I know you like the the 6.5/06 as it too, is a fine cartridge. I had another 6.5/06 and stopped by Rays one day with it. We had that barrel off and in his lathe and it was a 6.5 Gibbs in about an hour.

I remember talking to you years ago.

Later
Darryl Cassel