• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Long shot Barnes

hugetacticles

My dad and I are headed out to CO in October for a rifle elk hunt. We both have our guns dialed in with Barnes ammo. He's shooting a 30.06 in the 168 grain. I'm shooting a 7mm in the 160 grain. We each have 2 boxes of ammo but we are looking for more so we can be shooting this summer. I know it's a long shot but I'm just checking to see if anyone has a few boxes of either of those calibers they would part with? Thanks!

These days you might be better off practicing with a similar BC bullet. Alternatively if you can acquire some GMX they have similar effects. Especially at high/mid velocities.
good luck.

I don't currently hand load. The Barnes factory ammo is shooting .75 inch groups and I don't plan on shooting much past 400 yards so I figured for this trip ill stick with the factory ammo. I know I could get groups even tighter but I about drove myself into an asylum getting it to shoot under 1 inch groups. I'm not sure my marriage could survive me hand loading.