Long Range Varmint 243.

Ongaku

I have just had my MKV Weatherby re-barelled with a PAC-NOR 1-8 23" and am looking for a long range load for Varmint work.
I have Berger 108, A-Max 105 and Nosler CBT 95s. Can anyone recommend a good load for this combo. I currently have Varget, AA4350 and VV160 powder but will happily get another powder if required.
Be gentle' it's my first post:D
Thanks in advance

check out the variations of loads on Reloader's Nest - a reloaders resource
this is a good place to start with some proven data, I don't think
you'll find your exact set up but testing is the fun of it, hope this helps.
I also use the 105's in a 20" kreiger w/ 9 twist in a ackley that came from
there w/ slight variations and it worked out perfect.

hope this can be of use.

Clint

Hi all; This is my first post also,I noticed some interest in .243 load data. WELL---- here goes ,Ive been shooting a .243 all my life along with a lot of others but I always came back to my trusted .243 . when I lived in Penna. I did a lot of groung hog hunting with a Rem.700 BDL varmint special which had a 1 in 12 twist barrel which just loved 41.5 grs. of IMR 4895 and a Speer 75 gr.HP when I hit a ground hog in the head it would just leave his ears and remove all the good stuff in the middle,during one of my more crazier moments I sold that gun to a friend that "just had to have it " . Then I went a few years without a .243 and now I have a Savage 110 which had a 10 twist barrel which also favored 75 to 85 gr. bullets which caused me to track quite a few whitetail deer. Well last year I had it rebarreled in .243 with a 26 in. true 8 twist barrel which seems to have a preference for Hornady 105 A-Max bullets and 38 grs. of IMR 4350 ,CCI BR-2 primers,Nosler custom brass neck sized only, to date my best 100 yd group measured .334 across 3 shots and .610 across 3 shots at 200 yds.

hope this helps someone.

Timkenred

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.