Long Range Shooter in Idaho - Hello!

NORAG

Hello! I"ve browsed various threads here at Long Range Hunting for about a year now and finally decided to be more a part of the discussions. I have a military background of making precision shots, but thats now 19 years ago. While the fundamentals of my military shooting education haven't changed, much about the long range game HAS changed. I'm hoping to pick up new education along the way while building some long range competition rifles to keep myself busy!

Right now I reside in the mountains of Central Idaho where there are many opportunities for VERRRRY long, unobstructed shots at both varmints and larger game. I enjoy the challenge of long range varmint hunting, but also want to get back into competition (F-class) as a way to challenge and refine the skills that I'm dusting the cobwebs off of.

I have a good grasp of projectile ballistics, ranging considerations, target engagement and shooting fundamentals. I'm interested in anything outdoors and I'm laid-back and congenial. While I've got a couple of teen kids who share my passion for the outdoors and shooting, I'd never turn down a chance to meet up with a like-minded individual and spend some time behind a rifle. I'm self-employed so I have some freedom to travel.

If anyone is seeking a hunting or shooting partner, I'm generally willing. In the meantime, I hope to make some contributions to the forums and share my own 30+ years of hunting and shooting experience. I believe the free sharing of information is the most beneficial way to improve any endeavor - and here we all share the same endeavor of improving long range accuracy!

NORAG welcome to the forum. I live in north central Idaho myself and as you I am getting back into shooting more. I grew-up with a weapon in my hands but it has been awhile since I did a lot of shooting.

I live in Kamiah, Idaho if you're going to be in my area let me know by PM.

Tony

Thanks for the warm welcomes guys! Tony, I have family up near Kamiah so if I make it up for a visit I'll definitely PM you.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.