Long Range Green horn from NY

chowder

I'm a dairy farmer/passionate bow hunter/serious salmon fisherman (Great Lakes) exploring LRH. 30 years fairly serious experience stalking & still hunting White tails, taking deer to 300+yds w/ 7mmMag. My boys & I are struggling to start 'fresh' and lose our bad form habits by learning to shoot prone w/ the Holland bags & the Harris S bipods. We're starting small w/ a Savage 22mag, accutrigger & heavy barrel/Barska scope and a Savage model 12 w/ the heavy bedded barrel/accutrigger in 22-250 w/ decent glass. I've put together a range out to 400yds (more than enough for the time being). Our interest in the LRH at this point is mostly oriented towards coyotes/chucks and understanding the fundamentals of rifle shooting. This site is clearly 'over' my head and a bit overwhelming at this point but I'm enjoying reading thru what is obviously an awesome resource! -Andy

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.