Long Range Community around Butte MT

MontanaLR

I recently moved to butte and have a hard time finding anyone that enjoys the long range game as I do and I also do not know where to shoot around here. If you have any info that would be great!

I am in butte and do a lot of long range shooting. I guess depends on what you are considering long range.

I also am interested in long range shooting near Butte. We live in Sheridan Mt summers and I would like to take some shots beyond the 100 yards on ranges here in NC and in Ruby Valley. Any suggestions?

I recently moved to butte and have a hard time finding anyone that enjoys the long range game as I do and I also do not know where to shoot around here. If you have any info that would be great!

Long range shooter here in Dell MT south of Dillon about 40 miles.
There is no shortage of places to shoot here to infinity and beyond.
The valley here is surrounded by public lands that are mostly open sage country.
There is no formal competition I know of in the Dillon area but that don't stop me. I compete against myself and only on rare occasion get any argument.
I might head out in the morning to try some 165gn .308" HPBT bullets I made today. I want to try them in a 308 Win.
Soon as I can run some heavier cores I want to run a batch of the same HPBT at about 200 gn to try in a 300 WM.
Other calibers I shoot and make bullets for are 22 and 24.
I also shoot 264 caliber in a 6.5-06 Ackley but don't yet have tooling to make bullets in that caliber.

I grew up in Butte. Like Bounty hunter said you can shoot as far as you want by driving in any direction for 30 minutes. When I visit, my friends and I still go up in the hills north of Rocker. 5 minute drive from highway and you can get plus 1000 yard shots.

I think there is also a range that you can become a member at there in Rocker too. Think you can get to 600 yards there.

I'm here in Butte currently and shoot alot up at Homestake. I've gone out to 1700 yards there. I also have a decent spot by Melrose. HMU if you ever want to go shoot

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.