Long case?

rinodods

After getting into shooting some long range it seems like my rifles keep getting longer. You know the deal. you start with some off the shelf 24" barrel setup then next thing you know its 26" then 26" with a brake added and then 28". I'm to the point with a rifle of about 51" in length finding a case to fit is getting rough. I'd love to try out a Pelican or something similar but it looks like the popular 1750 is only around 50" internal length. I've got a cheap plano double scoped rifle case that if I put the rifle in pointing corner to corner I can just squeeze into. What is it that you all are stuffing those cannons into these days? gun)

Pelican has a case (model 1770) with these internal dimensions. 54.58" x 15.58" x 8.63" (138.6 x 39.6 x 21.9 cm)

Jason

Saw that for a little over twice the price of the other model. After looking a little more I think Plano is now making a Bone Collector double case that is almost 52" inside. Similar in price to the Pelican 1750. Think I'll try to find one to look at. Thanks for the suggestion.

since i had the same problem finding long case, i went with a Bob Allen Shotgun softcase. it works well to fit my 51" monster with a vortex viper pst on top with high rings.

Got the Plano in and it works. Have have just enough area to fit the rifle in with hitting plastic but I have to run it with the muzzle towards the wheels in the case. gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.