Loads for .300 WSM

Bud Meadows

I'm considering buying a Winchester Model 70 in .300 WSM. I have 500 Sierra GameKing 165's and 2000 168 MatchKings, so I'd want loads for those bullets. Any suggestions are welcomed.

I would try Varget. I have had great luckl in several calibers including 300 SAUM. Its similar but different. MagPro also has some high velocity loads for the WSM. IMR 4350 is another good powder; the accuracy load listed in the Nosler book for 165 gr Part/BT grouped very well in a Browning Titanium 300 WSM, 8 shots in one hole at 100 yds and he said he got 1.5 MOA at 500 m.

I'm shooting 180 Nosler Partition in a 300 WSM Sako Finnlight, about 3000 fps and it REALLY hurts. The gun is right now at the smith being fit with a brake. I used the load right out of the Hornady load manual, IMR 4350 and had great accuracy (as best I could tell, gripping the gun with all my might - sub moa for sure). Will report later after brake test.

(Getting ready for moose in Alaska in a month).

Bud,

The first 300WSM I had, I shot 168 gr SMK's in it with a healthy load of H4895. Bug holes all day every day....

R22 works well in that cart. R22 and H4831 have been the most accurate powders for me when loading 150s, 165s, and 180s.

Good Luck!

Reloader

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.