Lightweight 280 AI @ 1,155 yds

I would also note that if you intend to shoot the Nosler LRABs, you will want a faster rate of twist than I have in my barrel to realize maximum potential BC. Unfortunately, Brian Litz's BC experiments with the LRABs weren't published until long after I had my rifle built, and the LRABs require a much faster twist than anyone knew. Its not an accuracy issue, but I'm having to use a lower BC due to the slower twist. Litz has a post somewhere on this site showing the LRAB's optimal twist for each caliber.

Whats your twist? Rt now I have a Tikka 7mag, with a 1:9.5 and am shooting 168 VLD's. Stabilizes them fine, was planning on going the same twist and bullet....

Going from memory, I believe I have a 1:9 twist. That stabilizes the LRABs well enough for accuracy, but does not milk maximum BC out of them. The twist would have to be faster for that. Litz's posts on this site do a good job of explaining the difference. But if you are staying with the Bergers, I would stay with the same rate of twist if I were you. Dallas at LPR knows all about that stuff and will be happy to help you make the right choice for your needs.

Going from memory, I believe I have a 1:9 twist. That stabilizes the LRABs well enough for accuracy, but does not milk maximum BC out of them. The twist would have to be faster for that. Litz's posts on this site do a good job of explaining the difference. But if you are staying with the Bergers, I would stay with the same rate of twist if I were you. Dallas at LPR knows all about that stuff and will be happy to help you make the right choice for your needs.

Thanks, just got off the phone with Dallas. Sounds like a great guy, hes going to be building it for me, was going to do classic, kicked around a whole bunch of ideas with him, and decided to go with the Long Range Hunter. Gonna try and get this bad boy super light but still shoot lights out at 1000+ yards. Sending him the deposit on Friday... :D

I know a lot of guys around here with rifles built by LPR. I haven't heard of a single one who wasn't happy with what they got.

Thanks, just got off the phone with Dallas. Sounds like a great guy, hes going to be building it for me, was going to do classic, kicked around a whole bunch of ideas with him, and decided to go with the Long Range Hunter. Gonna try and get this bad boy super light but still shoot lights out at 1000+ yards. Sending him the deposit on Friday... :D

i just sent my check today... went long range hunter as well in 300 win mag

if you get updates or any info would love hear any updates you get

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.