Lighting strikes twice

Tnwhip

I have been real lucky this year I have shot my biggest deer ever with my flintlock and now I have shot his twin brother with my center fire. The flintlock deer scored 163 4/8. The last one will be close to that. I posted on the Muzzleloader section about the first one. This last one is not much to tell. I have been hunting every morning till around 10:00 or 11:00 am and every evening from 3:00 till dark, down on my farm. I had been seeing lots of doe's and small bucks and two fairly nice 8 points 120s 130 class. The rut was in high gear. I was deer hunting but wasn't going to shoot the 8 points. I am going to let them grow. I was hoping to get a shot at a coyote or two. I shot one during the muzzle loading season. and saw 3 more that I could not get a shot at. They were two far for my iron sights. I was in my blind that morning and all of a sudden I saw 3 doe at 500 yds at the end of my field. It was just light enough to see them. I picked the rifle up and got ready and I could make out the 4th deer. I could see it was a buck and I was thinking it was one of the 8 points but when I put the scope on him I could see it was a bigger buck. They were coming my way right down the center of the field. They were trotting and at 200 yds he stopped and turned broadside. I had my new Ruger RPR in 243 and I put a 105 A max behind his shoulder. He stumbled at the shot and went about 20 yds and fell over. Both deer were just luck I was in the right place at the right time. I had never seen either of the bucks before. All the land around me is hunted hard and I just happened to be waiting on them when they decided to show up out in the open. They were both 11 points the last one had a smaller inside spread is about the only different. Almost twins as you can see.

Attachments

• 20151110_084521.jpg
    20151110_084521.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 69
  • 20151206_070309.jpg
    20151206_070309.jpg
    341.7 KB · Views: 74
Man Congrats them are two ausome bucks ,you better go buy a lotto ticket , right time right place ,tipping my hat to you jack!!! Regards n let the stories roll like good times :cool::cool::cool: jjmp

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.