• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Light, good 30 mm scope?

wildcat westerner

Hello, I am converting a prone match rifle into a hunting rifle. While retaining the 20 minute scope base, Iam seeking to put a lighter scope on this rifle. Is there a 30 mm scope on the market that weighs less than its competition?

VX-6 3-18x50 has been working well for me. Make me an offer. It is the older version with the covered windage turret. I also have an huskemaw 5-20x50 as well. Which is also an older model. I'm looking to sell both and upgrade.

VX-6 3-18x50 has been working well for me. Make me an offer. It is the older version with the covered windage turret. I also have an huskemaw 5-20x50 as well. Which is also an older model. I'm looking to sell both and upgrade.
Hello,
Logic dictates the vx6 3-18 must be Leupold. You mention the windage turret, I am courious about the CDS vertical turret. Does that scope have this capability? I should think the 3-18 x would be about perfect for hunting / glassing purposes. How long have you had it? Did you purchase it new? How much do you wish for this scope? I assume it will be at least a pound less that my NightForces.

Hello,
Logic dictates the vx6 3-18 must be Leupold. You mention the windage turret, I am courious about the CDS vertical turret. Does that scope have this capability? I should think the 3-18 x would be about perfect for hunting / glassing purposes. How long have you had it? Did you purchase it new? How much do you wish for this scope? I assume it will be at least a pound less that my NightForces.

Yeah it still has the cds certificate and I purchased it new for about $1100. I hunt all kinds of elevations so I never used the certificate. Only used it one season. I think you can buy them clearanced now at midway. I can't afford to lose too much on it.

There's a Leupold Mark 4, 6.5-20, listed on here. Those are light for a 30mm. 20-22oz (can't remember exact specs). Price seems reasonable and has a good holdover reticle.

No affiliation. I have had a few Mark 4s. Great scopes.

Leupold pretty much had the best selection of hunting scopes in the 24 oz and under category. If you find a good deal on used a vx6 would be awesome. If you buy new the vx3i in 4.5-14*50 is only like 17 oz, great choice for a lightweight hunting optic!

Fellow hunters,
Thanks for your specific recommendations that have saved me a lot of time in trying to acquire this wisdom!

Gene S.

I have a Leupold Vx3i 4.5-14x50 matte duplex with side focus. Will take $500 shipped. It's a couple weeks old and like new.

I went with a March 3-24x42 on my lightweight long range gun and it's awesome for the weight (22.4 ounces as advertised). I also had a VX-6 3-18 and liked it but it wasn't in the same league as the March with respect to overall function and craftsmanship.

IMG_3787.JPG

I have this. Text me if you're interested 843-992-9408.
Robby

For light weight I use the March 2.5x25x52($2500) and Huskemaw 5x20x50($1500). They are light weight, compact, with excellent glass, turret reproducity, and reliability. IMO, the Huskemaw glass is comparable to the Nightforce NSX; March glass is one of the best I've seen, and in a class of its own.

I have a Leupold Vx3i 4.5-14x50 matte duplex with side focus. Will take $500 shipped. It's a couple weeks old and like new.
Hello, I have looked At your data closely and did not notice this scopes size. Is it 1" or 30mm? Obviously you choose something different. What were your reasons for choosing the other scope and what was that scope? Thank you for replying.

I have a new ( sealed box) VX 5 HD. 3-15x44. Firedot duplex reticle. $800 plus shipping. PM me if interested.
Thx Jim