• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Lh sako av custom 338-06 ai

smong2000

I got this rifle last year and just shot it 6 times but stuff came up and I need money more than the gun. It has a pristine AV action and trigger and was built with a Douglas barrel according to my gunsmith. It is bedded and floated well although not top notch in appearance but who looks in there. The stock is an amazing full tiger stripe on both sides throughout. Wood finish is OK but nothing special. My intent was to completely redo the wood with shaping, checkering and all to dress it up. This will make a nice, serious thumper as is, nothing at all wrong with her, or could be dressed up to be spectacular with a little woodwork. The 338-06 AI can be shot as straight 338-06 by just necking up 30-06 brass with regular dies. Also you can use the fire-formed brass to bump it up another 100-200 fps with AI dies. I got .78" at 50 yds with 1st pass 200 grain loads, looks like with load work-up it will be a shooter. Priced with dies, rings but no scope. $800

May consider partial trades of LH Tikka, Glock 20.

Attachments

• Sako1.1a.jpg
    Sako1.1a.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Sako2.1a.jpg
    Sako2.1a.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Sako3.1a.jpg
    Sako3.1a.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 10

Recent Posts