• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED LH 300 RUM custom build on Rem 700 action

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tidesloe

I have a newly built custom LH 300 RUM I'm selling to fund another build for any lefty's out there. I've owned the gun since the RUM hit the market. It happens to be my only hunting rifle. I'm getting out of the large magnum business. At 50 yrs old 155 lbs, I am looking to go to a lighter custom built milder recoiling rifle. I mostly solo backpack hunt for antelope, deer, and elk, and at my age, its time to go lighter, and not so heavily recoiling. Maybe a short mag is for me. I dont expect shots at more than 500 max. The 4 deer I've shot with it have all been within 150 yds. Dont need a RUM for that.
The gun now has a new HS precision stock, meticulously pillar bedded, barrel free floated. Hart 1:10 twist match grade #4 contour non fluted barrel, no muzzle break (too loud) Timney trigger at 2 pounds, fully blueprinted Rem 700 action, helically fluted bolt, Talley 30mm mounts, and black teflon coating of entire gun. Scope and Harris bipod not included in sale. The gun weighs in at 9 1/2# without scope.
It shoots well, and I've put 40 rounds through the bore using factory Barnes Vor-Tx 180 gr. TTSX. It's an average 1/2 - 3/4" gun with this factory ammo. I clean bore very thoroughly after every 10 rnds with Bore Tech Eliminator. Barrel did recieve a proper break in process. No flaws other than an accidental nick on the muzzle rim by the builder. If you didn't know it you'd probably never notice it.. Recrowned just for assurance and accuracy has been good and consistent. I've only had this gun back from the builder for 3 weeks and decided that the weight and recoil is where I want to cut back. I got 1000 rounds out of the factory barrel, and would expect more from the Hart barrel. I've never shot till barrel over heated. 3 shot groups and let cool for 15-30 minutes depending on outside temp. Often times 5-10 minutes between each shot.

My asking price for the gun without scope is $2,350.00, includes shipping and insurance. I'll evaluate all potential buyers before deciding who the buyer will be. I will require a transfer of ownership through an authorized FFL dealer, and payment up front. Check or money order accepted after clearance of payment. If by chance ownership transfer fails, a complete refund minus the shipping each way. $2,150.00 will be refunded. This is the only site this sale is listed on. I've been lurking on this site for a couple of years now, but have done no business here, spend many hours reading post's and learning.

Pictured are. 1" 200 yd group, gun, and recrowned muzzle, .489" 100 yd group. Very well built solid gun. These are my best 100, and 200 yd groups fired. I hate to part ways with it, but just want something lighter, and milder recoiling.
My contact info is:
Chris
970 302-9023
[email protected]

Attachments

• 1355607068314.jpg
    1355607068314.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 9
  • 2012-12-26_22-17-27_108.jpg
    2012-12-26_22-17-27_108.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 2012-12-26_22-18-41_170.jpg
    2012-12-26_22-18-41_170.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 2012-12-26_22-20-52_817.jpg
    2012-12-26_22-20-52_817.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I have a newly built custom LH 300 RUM I'm selling to fund another build for any lefty's out there. I've owned the gun since the RUM hit the market. It happens to be my only hunting rifle. I'm getting out of the large magnum business. At 50 yrs old 155 lbs, I am looking to go to a lighter custom built milder recoiling rifle. I mostly solo backpack hunt for antelope, deer, and elk, and at my age, its time to go lighter, and not so heavily recoiling. Maybe a short mag is for me. I dont expect shots at more than 500 max. The 4 deer I've shot with it have all been within 150 yds. Dont need a RUM for that.
The gun now has a new HS precision stock, meticulously pillar bedded, barrel free floated. Hart 1:10 twist match grade #4 contour non fluted barrel, no muzzle break (too loud) Timney trigger at 2 pounds, fully blueprinted Rem 700 action, helically fluted bolt, Talley 30mm mounts, and black teflon coating of entire gun. Scope and Harris bipod not included in sale. The gun weighs in at 9 1/2# without scope.
It shoots well, and I've put 40 rounds through the bore using factory Barnes Vor-Tx 180 gr. TTSX. It's an average 1/2 - 3/4" gun with this factory ammo. I clean bore very thoroughly after every 10 rnds with Bore Tech Eliminator. Barrel did recieve a proper break in process. No flaws other than an accidental nick on the muzzle rim by the builder. If you didn't know it you'd probably never notice it.. Recrowned just for assurance and accuracy has been good and consistent. I've only had this gun back from the builder for 3 weeks and decided that the weight and recoil is where I want to cut back. I got 1000 rounds out of the factory barrel, and would expect more from the Hart barrel. I've never shot till barrel over heated. 3 shot groups and let cool for 15-30 minutes depending on outside temp. Often times 5-10 minutes between each shot.

My asking price for the gun without scope is $2,350.00, includes shipping and insurance. I'll evaluate all potential buyers before deciding who the buyer will be. I will require a transfer of ownership through an authorized FFL dealer, and payment up front. Check or money order accepted after clearance of payment. If by chance ownership transfer fails, a complete refund minus the shipping each way. $2,150.00 will be refunded. This is the only site this sale is listed on. I've been lurking on this site for a couple of years now, but have done no business here, spend many hours reading post's and learning.

Pictured are pic#1 1" 200 yd group pic#2 .489" 100yd grp., gun, and recrowned muzzle. Very well built solid gun. These are my best 100, and 200 yd groups fired. I hate to part ways with it, but just want something lighter, and milder recoiling.
My contact info is:
Chris
970 302-9023
[email protected]

I missed the pic of the complete gun. So here it is

Attachments

• 2012-12-26_22-19-18_498.jpg
    2012-12-26_22-19-18_498.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.