• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Lever gun for wife to be hunted with

Kay0404

Looking for a lever gun for my wife, preferably 357/44 for SE whitetail hunting, just seeing what might be out there. She loves my 45/70's but won't get behind it even with reduced loads.. Thanks guys!

I'm glad I read this. I was worried by the wording of your title that you were going to hunt your wife with a lever gun.

Has she tried any of those calibers you're looking at? Maybe take her to a gun store and see if they have anything that fits and she's comfortable handling.

I have a 450 Marlin I will sell you if you're mad at her. You can tell her it's not a 45/70...😁

Lol, she would probably shoot it once.. just out of spite, then I'd get to hear about how that one kicks.. what I don't get is that she hunts with her choices of .243, 6.5CM, .270, and .30-06.. and my 45-110 Sharps kicks much less than her .30-06.. just something in her mind about the size of the projectile I guess.

I had actually mentioned to her a BLR as my father has several Belgian BLRs, but she wants a "western" lever action. What it really is that she loves my JM Marlins and I missed out/passed on a .357 JM Trapper earlier this year because it was a bit rougher and needed more love and time than I thought the price was worth.

I have a Marlin 336 in 35 rem with several boxes of Lever Evolution to go with it if you are interested.