Leupold VX7 vs. Nightforce

270winshort

I'm trying to descide on a scope for my new wildcat the 270 A.M.P. Just looking for advise on VX7 vs. the nightforce. I think the glass in the VX7 is better than the night nightforce but is it as reapeatable as the Night force? What are your thoughts

VX7 vs Nightforce

I have both scopes and I like them both. The VX7 does not cost as much and I have not had an issue with it's repeatability. My VX7 is mounted on my .300 RUM and my Nightforce is on my 7mmSTW.

the glass in the VX7 is better than the night nightforce , this is new to my i nevr liked the leupold glass buth i never tried a vx7 if it's true this is a big upgrade on leupold's scopes we need a better comparison from the owners.

The VX7 is a superb hunting level scope, truly right up there with the expensive European brands. The Nightforce NXS is designed for a somewhat different application, tactical use primarily although it makes a super hunting scope on a long range rig. You are talking about a long range rig, the turrets on the NXS would be the deciding factor for me. Both scopes have great optics, I have not put them head to head but my VX7 has amazing resolution and light transmittion. My NXS scopes are also very good optically, but I know they are built for the most ruggest use and with the necessary precision to sit on any long range rig.
Good luck with your decision.

Either should serve you well. I feel that I get a few extra minutes of hunting with the vx7, but like the turrets on the nxs much better than the vx7 pop up turrets.

I'm trying to descide on a scope for my new wildcat the 270 A.M.P. Just looking for advise on VX7 vs. the nightforce. I think the glass in the VX7 is better than the night nightforce but is it as reapeatable as the Night force? What are your thoughts

What, you think that AMP is actually going to hit something?????? Just teasing. Either of those scopes will work great but the VX7 is set up more for hunting and the Nightforce is more of a bench scope imo. Problem is, both are fairly heavy but glass is top notch.

John,
Been a bit of a haul but I quit coughing a couple of days ago, recovery is slow but happening. One of these days I am going to shoot, haven't touched a rifle since before the SHOT show in Feb. Will take out the VX7 and a Nightforce and compare the two!

Hope you are recovering also, you need to get strong to shoot the big boomer when it is ready. I hope to get my "boomer" next week, not sure I will shoot it till I am feeling a bit stronger tho.
ian

thanks for the input, this gun is for the sole purpose of pounding that 200 inch muley out to 1500 yards. (if I can make that shot)

Reticle choice would be a deciding factor as well. I sure do like the reticle choices from Nightforce versus the options from Leupold.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.