Leupold VX-II AOT 6-18x40mm

HJW

Does anyone have experience with this scope, or the VX-II's in general? Good scope to mount on a .308 SPS Tactical?

Plan on shooting out to 700-800 yards with it.

EDIT: Also, what would you compare the target turrets to?
They have no pictures of them without the covers on. Pictures
would be appreciated.

-Hunter

I have one on Rem 700 308 it is at least 5 years old. at first it was mounted on 223 then 300wm now the 308. It has the lrdv reticle, never had a problem with it. target turrets are nice because u can send your ballistic info to Leupold and get custom turrets installed. I've only practiced with it to a 600yds that is my max range for hunting. I do wish I ordered the 50mm obj though, my 4.5 14 x 50 vari x 3 is sooo brite early lite its rediculous.

I believe its a great combo for 308 win

I have one on Rem 700 308 it is at least 5 years old. at first it was mounted on 223 then 300wm now the 308. It has the lrdv reticle, never had a problem with it. target turrets are nice because u can send your ballistic info to Leupold and get custom turrets installed. I've only practiced with it to a 600yds that is my max range for hunting. I do wish I ordered the 50mm obj though, my 4.5 14 x 50 vari x 3 is sooo brite early lite its rediculous.

I believe its a great combo for 308 win

Thank you for the help!

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.