Leupold Kenai 2 spotting scope

huntoregon

Anyone have any experience or opinion on these spotters? I can get a good deal on a new 25-60x80 HD and am considering it. Have no idea if they are nice or not though.

I was originally looking at a Vortex Razor but can get the Leupold for half the price. I figure if its a good piece I would love to have the leftover money.

I've had mine for about 3 years now and its not a bad unit. Mine came with 2 eye pieces 25-60 and 30xx. The eye piece for the 25-60 isn't that great compared to the one you get on the 12-40 Gold ring spotter but it's also half the price of that unit too. Low light is where it really gets noticeable. The 30xx eyepiece is very nice and I find myself using that more often. I packed it on my last hunt to Wyoming in 2014 and glassed some deer a long ways off with it. I bought a Vortex neoprene cover for it and it fit pretty well to keep it from getting dinged up on the hunt.

It does what I need it to do most of the time and I got a deal on mine too so I can't complain. For a mid range/value spotter I think works pretty well.

I agree with the above assessment that it's an OK spotter for the price, a good spotter if you get it for $500 which is what I sold mine for. If you plan on hunting for years to come in the future I would save my money for the better one though. Or buy and sell and slowly upgrade as you go along but you lose some $$ in the process. If you are spotting for trophy bulls and counting points, by all means save and get the better one.

I've got the smaller 50mm razor and I have been pretty impressed with it. I'm sure the larger models would be just as impressive. The good thing about spending that kind of money on their glass is the warranty. I know for me it made the decision a little easier. Good luck with it and let us know how you like it.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.