LEUPOLD SPOTTING SCOPE Quality?

6.5Express,

I've used a Leupold 12-40x60 Gold Ring HD a bit and noticed that the focus had to be readjusted whenever I changed magnification. Does yours do the same?

I was hoping someone would bring this up & i'll add to it. Some of the cheaper, low end Leupy optics (Sequoia etc) are imported, as in, not manufactured/assembled in Oregon. I would attest that point to the utter failure in the quality of the optic (hence the low price). I am running Golden Ring Switch Power Binos that are every bit as good as my Zeiss & Nikon glass (still won't touch Swaro:rolleyes:).

I've examined a good bit of Leupy's cheaper optics & fully intend to keep my distance from them.

I was hoping someone would bring this up & i'll add to it. Some of the cheaper, low end Leupy optics (Sequoia etc) are imported, as in, not manufactured/assembled in Oregon. I would attest that point to the utter failure in the quality of the optic (hence the low price). I am running Golden Ring Switch Power Binos that are every bit as good as my Zeiss & Nikon glass (still won't touch Swaro:rolleyes:).

I've examined a good bit of Leupy's cheaper optics & fully intend to keep my distance from them.

I sent a pair of Sequoia binoculars that literally fell apart back to Leupold and told them I did not want them back. I told them exactly what I thought of the garbage now wearing the Leupold name. Initially they told me a free repair was my only option but I stood my ground arguing these binoculars failed my inspection, and that the UCC allows returns after a longer than normal inspection period if that is how long it takes to find defects. They ended up giving me credit towards a rangefinder. I bought Swarovski EL 10x40s and have been happy.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.