• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Leupold custom dial coupon

Question…. Are the custom dials interchangeable with other CDS models?
From the Leupold site.

Each CDS dial is unique, taking all practical ballistic and environmental factors into account

• Cartridge & Caliber
  • Bullet Weight
  • Bullet Make/Brand
  • Bullet Type
  • Ballistic Coefficient
  • Muzzle Velocity
  • Average Elevation
  • Average Temperature
  • Sight Height
  • Zero Distance
They also ask for serial number which I assume is so that each scope gets just one free dial.

It wouldn't make sense from a production standpoint to have different sized turrets for each model.

Thank you this answered my question.
They ask for sight height so I don't think you'd want to use a dial that was from a scope with a 56mm obj on a scope that has a 40mm obj.

Also the dial diameter for a 1 inch tube could be different from a 30mm tube so if you intend to use it on a tube of different diameter it could be an issue. There are 1 inch, 30mm, 34mm and 35 mm tubes so I think you likely have at most 3 different dial diameters. VX6-HD come only in 30mm and 34mm tubes and VX5-HD the same. If you have scopes with different tube sizes you could easily tell if they're interchangeable.

Out of all of the VX3-HD, VX5-HD and VX6-HD models available only one doesn't have CDS so as long as tube diameters match you should be OK. Check with Leupold about something like 30mm vs 35mm or if you already have both just try interchanging turret caps.

Tube diameter doesn't matter. The scope needs to have the same adjustment distance per click.
Also, there are a few or more variations of CDS dials. The VX5HD and VX6HD are different from the VX3Hd, VXR, and previous VX3 models. Also some have zero stop, some don't. And some allow for more than one revolution of the dials.