Leupold clones on eBay?

Any one had any experience with the Leupold Mark 4 Clones on ebay? I read a post on Precision Hunting forum that said the Hong Kong ones were junk and the Indonesia made ones are good. The guy that posted that was taking orders for the Indonesia made scopes. Any knowledge of this?

I've got a friend who sells to airsofters whose ordered some to see (FROM THE FACTORY NOT EBAY). Some are pure cosmetic (like the side focus is non funcional). But at the price - I doubt I'd put one on my guns.

uh, well guys, these are counterfeit products made in a communist country by people that would love to see this country destitute. Leupold, aimpoint, and many other manufacturers have had their products counterfeited at a cost of millions of dollars to the US economy.China isn't our friend, they are not following international patent or copywrite laws. The chinese government laughs at us for even asking them to stop the tide of counterfeit products. DO NOT BUY COUNTERFEIT PRODUCTS if you intend to keep the US economy strong.

I hate Clones or Repros , especially when they are NOT advertised as such . This is unethical and criminal depending on how misleading the advertising . Ebay sellers have Clips for Sako Rifles which are knock-offs and not advertised as such ! Sellers who don't spell out what they sell should be black-listed !

The clone mk iv scopes on e-bay say that they are clones. I still wouldn't recommend buying any of them unless you like your stuff to break. Just like the knock-off sunglasses, purses, calipers, etc. It is all junk designed to look as much like the real deal as possible to rip off the companies that put in the time and resources to build a quality product, as well as their customers.

[ QUOTE ]
Any one had any experience with the Leupold Mark 4 Clones on ebay? I read a post on Precision Hunting forum that said the Hong Kong ones were junk and the Indonesia made ones are good. The guy that posted that was taking orders for the Indonesia made scopes. Any knowledge of this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check out the link below there is a reveiw

http://precisionlongrangehunter.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/7921005821/m/7061028161

I guess it depends what you need. But there are countries where firearms owneship is a problem - But folk want an M16.

So they buy a copy (airsoft) and I can see they wont stick a real leupie on that. It's not made to be competition.

I'm reserving judgement 'til I've seen one first hand.

Ask for experience and you get opinion almost everytime. Thank You for your responses. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.