So i was surfing Ebay

Thomas B.

And i got to tell ya, now I'm seeing counterfeit's of counterfeit Leupolds.

Looking for vx3 1.5-5. Here is a counterfeit 1.5 to 5 and there's a bunch of them all being shipped from Hong Kong. People are actually bidding these things above $200.00

Leupold VX-III Rifle Scope 1.5-5x 20 Reticle Mil Dot Lndes Match Lens System New 30317101800 | eBay

Looks like the real deal!!!!

now here is counterfeit of that one!!

Black Riflescope 1.5-5X20mm Matte MilDot Rifle Scope Duplex Reticle

Incredible!!

In a former life, I worked at OP. Around 2010, we began seeing these counterfeits come back more often and unscrupulous customers thinking they could pass them off. A lot of honest people get burned, and there's no shortage of people wanting to do the bait and switch to receive a real from a counterfeit.

Sad really.

Remember what your father told you, if it sounds to good to be true it is.
I have also seen VX-3i and VX-5 and VX-6 scopes advertised for sale for unbelievable prices and they are exactly that, unbelievable.

I find it hard to believe that anyone would be willing to even think such a popular and expensive optic could EVER be had so cheaply and considering they are for sale on the net, not have alarm sirens going off in their heads, screaming fraud.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts