Leupold CDS riflescopes

Thanks for the clarification el matador, I did read and like your write up. I think I'd rather go with the duplex reticle the buy the TAC knobs. I like those knobs but I'm not a big fan of the TMOA reticle. That's a personal opinion though.
Yeah, you gotta get the reticle you like. Unfortunately if you want the taller knobs like I have you'll have to order your scope directly from Leupold or send it in to the custom shop to have the taller adjustment assembly installed. With mine I just had to change the knob with an allen wrench.

Do the VX 6 CDs scopes have a locking elevation turret?
My TAC dials do have a "zero stop" that prevents you from dialing below your zero. I'm not sure about the other VX-6 dials. If you're talking about the ZL (zero lock) feature I think that only comes on scopes with ZL in the description. That feature locks your turret at zero until you push a button to release it.

I have three of the CDS scopes now. Have not taken the time as of now to work up load data on the two mounted on rifles. Having a new .280 AI built and I will send it all in at the same time. You just have to love the simplicity if you are working with one load and as some else questioned this ..just order another set of Caps.

..just order another set of Caps.

That's what I was thinking, I don't reload so I'd be buying the best ammo I could and not playing around with different bullets and loads after I make my selection. And worse case just get new caps, they're not that expensive when compared to all you're putting into the gun.

I would not do cds turrets unless you live somewhere flat and plan to only shoot out to 500 to 600 yards on game.

I live in Utah. When shooting at the same elevation I can easily be off more than 1 moa at 1000 from a change in pressure, humidity or temp. Add the fact that I shoot at 5800 ft and hunt up to 10000 locally a cds does little to not good on game past 500 yd. I have a night force shv with moa turrets on my 7mm WSM and a Leupold vx1 with cds (in Moa readings) on my long range muzzlelaoder.

If you live were it is flat get a moa cds dial then get a custom to switch on or off in case you hunt somewhere else or change load for a bit.

The CDS scopes comes standard with the MOA turret. And they give you 1 free custom turret so when you find a load you like you just call them and tell the the BC of the bullet,
FPS, Elevation, Caliber and velocity and they send you a custom turret. I am hunted out of state last year to Colorado and had them make me a custom turret for that area in it worked awesome! Shot my buck just over 400yds. Ranged him dialed the turret and held dead on. Bullet went exactly where i put the cross hairs. Cant get much easier than that!gun)gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts