Legislative Assault on Montana Tag System

I dont know what species your paying 100.00 for a preference point in wyoming for but ive been doing it for 12 years.
40.00 for deer and 50.00 for elk I believe it is.
People complain but still seem to do it, nobodys forcing you to hit the buy button you have a choice stay home and hunt your own state.
150$ /sheep, 150$/moose. And, I don't pay to play. At any price..Go straight draw! End of story. They get deep enough into my pockets.

I dont know what species your paying 100.00 for a preference point in wyoming for but ive been doing it for 12 years.
40.00 for deer and 50.00 for elk I believe it is.
People complain but still seem to do it, nobodys forcing you to hit the buy button you have a choice stay home and hunt your own state.

And nobody has to have ridiculous rules jammed down our throats when our government is to be by and for the people. Complaints can be directed to our reps and it can make a difference. In CO, pay to play was never normal in my lifetime.

And nobody has to have ridiculous rules jammed down our throats when our government is to be by and for the people. Complaints can be directed to our reps and it can make a difference. In CO, pay to play was never normal in my lifetime.
Hey I gotta pay for preference points here in Montana also, while its not as much as non residents should I pay the same I dont think so I pay state income tax non residents don't. You wanna enjoy a states resource then you gotta pay something I pay for it every year in my state income taxes that aren't cheap.

This is Montana bonus point fee's

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210210-163749_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20210210-163749_Google.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 91
Hey I gotta pay for preference points here in Montana also, while its not as much as non residents should I pay the same I dont think so I pay state income tax non residents don't. You wanna enjoy a states resource then you gotta pay something I pay for it every year in my state income taxes that aren't cheap.

I just completely edited my post after seeing your $15 fee for a preference pt. I see your acceptance of such a meager fee as we now pay $50 for each drawing into sheep/moose or goat. In our case, it is completely unacceptable, and the reason for my caustic response earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately this kind of stuff comes up more than you think. I remember when they were going to open up the Archery Only river bottom whitetail tags to gun hunters. They tried to slip it by with a small note on the bulletin board at the Fish and Game office. Luckily a bow hunter saw it and called all of the bowhunting organizations and clubs in Montana. There were about 500 people there and for a while I think the Fish and Game officers thought they were going to be hanging from a tree outside the building before it was over. All because the rich folks in the Bitterroot,who by the way were not opening up any of there river bottom land to gun hunters, didn't like the fact that they might hit a deer on HWY 93 or the old Eastside hwy. Its very sad that money drives everything.
When was this? 406muley

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.