Lee Auto Bench Prime

Mlutz

Anyone ever use one of these? I found one on sale for $30 and figured it has to be better than my current hand priming tool and boy how I was wrong. It might have been the Remington primers I was using but its like the channel/funnel they use is to small and after almost every new case I would have to play with it to get the next primer to fall because they were getting hung up.

Anyone ever use one of these? I found one on sale for $30 and figured it has to be better than my current hand priming tool and boy how I was wrong. It might have been the Remington primers I was using but its like the channel/funnel they use is to small and after almost every new case I would have to play with it to get the next primer to fall because they were getting hung up.
Yes! No problem with it thus far, not a bad $30 investment.

Well it doesn't seem to like Remington 9 1/2 primers. Ill try and Federal small rifles tonight and see if it works any better.

I have 2 of them. The plastic primer shuttle cartridge is junky and I've already broken it. The primers hang up and don't feed all that reliably. The primer tray is cheesy too, that 3-way switch doesn't work all that well. I have spilled primers thinking it was closed off but wasn't. All in all it seats primers firmly and easily. Due to my arthritis, I still prefer it over the hand held primer tools 100-percent.
Think I'll buy an RCBS bench prime though. A lot less plastic to wear out and break

I have two of them to replace the two old models I wore out. I was not on the forum and would prefer the old version. I'm getting used to them and they don't have the feel like the old version. Still better than the RCBS and I'm not spending 100s on one.

I only have Remington large rifle primers which don't seem to work but the Federal small rifle I have worked fine.