Least expensive complete upper

You do realize that the only part of an AR-15 that is the "gun" that would have to be "turned in" is the the lower! The upper is not the gun. The lower is all the federal government calls the gun.
I realize that. How do you know that local government XYZ won't require a complete gun?

I understand your reasoning and trying to think ahead. It's the same reason I have psa's. But what good will half an ar do you anyway if they take the lowers.

I realize that. How do you know that local government XYZ won't require a complete gun?
If you can walk in a store and nothing is required (no background checks/ waiting period) for any part of an AR rifle other than the lower then the the stripped lower is the only part that is classified as a "firearm". You can purchase any other part and it comes straight to your door because it is not a firearm. The stripped lower is the serialized part that requires the FFL transfer, that is the "firearm" by their definition so if they demand that the "firearm" be "turned in" that is the most they are getting because they are the ones that defined what is the "firearm". A local government can't define it as something other than what the local laws defined it as in purchasing it.

If you can walk in a store and nothing is required (no background checks/ waiting period) for any part of an AR rifle other than the lower then the the stripped lower is the only part that is classified as a "firearm". You can purchase any other part and it comes straight to your door because it is not a firearm. The stripped lower is the serialized part that requires the FFL transfer, that is the "firearm" by their definition so if they demand that the "firearm" be "turned in" that is the most they are getting because they are the ones that defined what is the "firearm". A local government can't define it as something other than what the local laws defined it as in purchasing it.
Yes and no.

If you buy a stripped lower, then the NICS 4473 background check goes as just that, with a non caliber.

If you buy a whole AR in say .223, then the NICS 4473 and manufacturer state serial number 123xyz in an AR15 in .223 Cal. So if the ATF comes knocking for said 123xyz serialised AR they know what it is and not just a stripped lower.

From what I understand you can't build a pistol from an AR that was built as sold as a rifle.

Just like my SBR .300BO with an 8-1/2bbl I built from a stripped lower but registered it as such. So if they decide to come a knockin for that they know the details unfortunately.

Just like if you bought a complete 9mm pistol AR they know the details and are looking for in its entirety that unfortunately.

Now that's not to say you didn't lose the upper or the whole gun in a boating accident. Those boating accidents are becoming more and more prevalent. I've been a victim to a couple myself……. These AZ waters sure do get choppy at times…..Oops.

Yes and no.

If you buy a stripped lower, then the NICS 4473 background check goes as just that, with a non caliber.

If you buy a whole AR in say .223, then the NICS 4473 and manufacturer state serial number 123xyz in an AR15 in .223 Cal. So if the ATF comes knocking for said 123xyz serialised AR they know what it is and not just a stripped lower.

From what I understand you can't build a pistol from an AR that was built as sold as a rifle.

Just like my SBR .300BO with an 8-1/2bbl I built from a stripped lower but registered it as such. So if they decide to come a knockin for that they know the details unfortunately.

Just like if you bought a complete 9mm pistol AR they know the details and are looking for in its entirety that unfortunately.

Now that's not to say you didn't lose the upper or the whole gun in a boating accident. Those boating accidents are becoming more and more prevalent. I've been a victim to a couple myself……. These AZ waters sure do get choppy at times…..Oops.
I guess I am privileged to live in an area that doesn't require the registration of firearms.

I'm not necessarily an "ar" guy buy I completed a couple lowers w bear creek uppers. Function has been great, accuracy more than acceptable. Not saying I would necessarily want to run into battle with it, but it is more than worthy for my adversaries of coyotes and skunks around the house

For around 400 you can get a separate upper and lower from Palmetto. It will work, mine have ran without a problem. Including the binary equipped one.
So far as turning in your guns? Not no, but Hell No! Parish the thought. Do not comply.

I don't understand why anyone would turn in a legally purchased AR-15 or any firearm. If they started going door to door and checking on citizens legally owned firearms it wouldn't matter anymore anyway. It would be all over.

I guess I am privileged to live in an area that doesn't require the registration of firearms.
if you bought any of your firearms thru a FFL holder, a from 443 was used and then there is a paper trail to you having"X" firearm

BUT if the SO called GOV came to collect things , first they would have to prove you still HAVE IT, and that you DIDN:" modify it, or replace parts,. change caliber or??
its not as simple of not living where guns are registered, nor , as simple as the ATF just knowing what you have based off a from 443
as there is no way they can track what you have done to anything from selling it, to altering it, !
just saying!
and uif they ever did come to TAKE a firearm, they would only get the ITEM they classify as a firearm, which would be the receiver, unless you willingly give them the rest. as it that is a the LEGAL part of any firearm, and that alone
there words would bite them in the butt in a legal court case!
I DON"T see them ever doing this so called confiscation , be just too hard to get folks to turn them over and no way they can PROVE what all you have or HAD, be a nightmare on there side in legal cases filed against them!
if anything they might make them required to be registered, like they did with full auto's and guns they listed as being destructive weapons and such
that would be a more likely road they would try and go down! IMO!
leaving the owners of such items, as being either complying to the new rules, or making themselves into criminals,
and like with illegal class III items now, fines would be HIGH to deter folks from having them! due to fear of the punishments if caught with them!

That Radical upper is less BCG and charge handle, but you can have a complete AR for $400 for the next 24hrs

$400 complete AR

3D3B73BC-739B-4733-B0D7-B38630273FE2.png