Launching Wildcats

ss7mm

The worst day shooting is better than the best day working, and today was a good day shooting, so work never entered the picture today.

Got out to launch some Wildcats down range today even though the wind was a little gusty, like 20-25 mph.

Shot at 300 yards working on a ladder test with some 169.5 grain Wildcat ULD's in my 7mm using Ramshot Magnum. We also did the same for my buddy's 264 mag with 142 grain Wildcat ULD's and the same Ramshot Magnum. Both were 20 shot tests.

The shots in the bottom of the picture around the bull were my 7mm's and the scattered shots in the upper left were the 264. The 264 drove us crazy with the spread and results. We looked it over several times but couldn't find anything. When we got home he called me a little later and said he pulled the scope and rings and found that he hadn't tightened the screws in the rear of the base when he installed it just a few days ago. Guess what we get to do again.

Shooting area:
292517.jpg

Targets at 300 yards:
292519.JPG

Holes to be deciphered:
292520.jpg

Is this the same Yakima that has a army firring range near it? And if so there is a decent range in Richland where you can shoot out to 1200 yd.

boomer:

Yup, the same one.

I've heard there is a range down there but I can be at several spots where I can shoot out to over 2000 yards in a lot less time than it would take me to drive to Richland.

I kind of like having a private spot where the only person I have to worry about is me or my partner. Also, where we shoot, we can be in timber, elk deer etc. in just a few minutes after shooting if we want to.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.