Lapua brass

82bluestang

I'm staring to reload a .243 and a 300 win mag and I was wondering if the extra money for lapua brass is worth it over Winchester or Remington brass. I'm going to be varmint hunting with the .243 and deer hunting with the 300. Both guns will be used to punch holes in paper also.

You'll only be able to get Lapua brass for your 243. They don't make 300 win mag brass. There is some 300 win mag brass out there with Lapua headstamp but it was made for Lapua by someone else. Norma, I believe made it for them.

Weather or not it's worth it, really depends on if you think it's worth it. If you shoot alot, I would definately say yes. If you want the most durable brass money can buy, again, I would say yes. If you're looking to get the max out of your loads and want as many firings as possible, yes, IMO it's worth it.

Doesn't mean you can't make good consistent ammo out of non Lapua brass its just that, IMO, you will work harder and spend more time doing so.

For me, it's 100% worth it!

You wont find lapua brass for your 300 win but in my opinion for the 243 the lapua brass is a no brainer. Lapua brass is some of the cheaper brass because it lasts so long. not to mention it is very concentric.

i might be wrong on this but i read somewhere that you are guarenteed at least 10 firings on the Lapua brass

Thanks everyone, that has helped a lot and I appreciate the help. The fact that I can use lapua brass that many times is easily worth the extra initial investment. I didn't know it was that big of a difference.
Thanks again

If your time is worth anything then Lapua is hands down the best value. They don't require the work needed to prep other brands of brass. I've been running into scrap after several loadings with another brand due to loose primer pockets. Almost new brass in the garbage is money lost. You won't have that with Lapua.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts